In Japan, two fermented soya sauces, Shoyu and Tamari, have been favourite seasonings for several centuries. Today, these delicious, ebony-coloured sauces are appreciated all over the world. The difference between Shoyu and Tamari lies in their composition. Shoyu is made of soya and wheat whereas Tamari is a pure soya sauce. The nutritional value of Shoyu Shoyu stimulates the appetite and contains several pinerals, proteins and indispensable vitamins. During the long fermentation process, natural enzymes transform the starch, the proteins and the lipids contained in raw soya and wheat into nutrients that are easily absorbed, as they are predigested : amino acids, poly-unsaturated fatty acids, slow carbohydrates... ... During the fermentation process, a lactic acid is developed that has a beneficial effect on the intestinal flora and on the efficient absorption of nutrients. Sea salt supplies minerals and trace elements. By using the Lima sauces instead of salt, you reduce the amount of salt in your dishes while enhancing their natural taste. Usage: Shoyu and Tamari are taste enhancers, healthy and liquid versions of stock cubes. They are suitable for western as well as oriental dishes. Do not simply use them to salt, but also to intensify the natural taste of ingredients during cooking and at the table. Thanks to its higher protein content, the concentrated taste of Tamari resists heat better. Moreover, it makes the ingredients to which it is combined more tender. Traditionally, Tamari is used to enhance the taste of stews, pasta, soups, fried vegetables, salad dressings, marinades or wok preparations... Tamari is especially suitable for use in combination with vinegar or rice wine, ginger, garlic, mustard, pepper or ume su (Japanese vinegar).
Lima Tamari Strong Soya Sauce 1000ml
Save £3.50 (24%)
Sold as a Pack of
Availability: 17 In Stock
SKU: CLFLIM-41605 Alternatives,Baking & Cooking,Best selling products,Cooking Sauces,Food & Drink,Gluten Free,Lima,Organic,Raw,Vegan
Aluminium Free, Celery Free, Citric Acid Free, Crustacean Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Fish Free, Gluten Free, Lupin Free, Maize Free, Mollusc Free, Mustard Free, Nut Free, Organic, Paraben Free, Peanut Free, Raw, Sesame Seed Free, Soya Free, Starch and Milk Free, Sugar Free, Sulphur Dioxide Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Wheat Free
Shipping & Delivery Shipping & Delivery
We are currently in the process of moving warehouse. Please allow 7-10 working days for UK delivery & 10-21 working days for International orders. Our standard delivery times do not currently apply.
- We offer FREE tracked and signed-for delivery on all orders over £40 when delivering to UK mainland destinations.
- Our Standard Delivery service is available on all UK mainland orders below £40 and 15kg in weight. All orders are sent using the Royal Mail’s tracked and signed-for service.
- Standard Delivery costs are £3.99 per order, with deliveries arriving within 3-5 working days of your order being dispatched.
Next Day Delivery
- Our Next-Day Delivery service (Mon-Fri) is offered through DHL and is only available for UK mainland customers. The maximum weight per parcel is 30kg.
- Next Day Delivery costs are £5.95 per parcel, with deliveries being dispatched the same day using an overnight courier.
- If your order is placed before 2pm, it should arrive the following day (subject to stock availability and payment checks being completed). Please note that this only applies to orders placed between Monday and Thursday.
- Orders placed after 2pm on a Thursday will most likely be dispatched on Monday, so delivery is likely to take place on Tuesday.
- Your order should reach your home within 7-14 working days of the order confirmation being received.
- Delivery charges to China will vary depending on the weight and size of your order.
- Registered customers can determine the delivery cost after placing items into the checkout basket – and before confirmation of purchase.
- Custom tax and/or import duties will need to be paid by the customer once the order reaches China. We recommend contacting your local customs office or tax authority for more information.
EUROPE AND INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY
- Delivery charges to Europe and the Rest of the World will vary depending on the destination, weight and content of your order.
- Registered customers can determine delivery costs after placing items into the checkout basket – and before confirmation of purchase.
- Deliveries are typically received with 7-14 days of dispatch.
- EU customers may need to pay custom tax and/or import duties once the order reaches your country. We recommend contacting your local customs office or tax authority for more information.