Vetiver essential oil is produced from the rootlets of a grass which grows wild in many parts of India, Sri Lanka and other parts of Asia. The rootlets are dried, cut and chopped, then soaked in water prior to distillation. The grass is cultivated for distillation in many parts of the world, the most important producers being Haiti and Java. The Indian production to date is not of a very good quality, and goes mostly into the local soap and perfume industry. Vetiver is a heavy, viscous oil with a rich undertone of "precious wood notes". Absolute Aromas has selected this Haitian oil for its excellent quality. Most Javan producers burn off the grass before digging up the roots, and this often gives a smoky note to the oil, whereas the Haitian producers cut the grass and use it for feeding cattle or for grass mats, so the oil has a much cleaner aroma. Vetiver is extremely viscous. A large nozzle in the bottle helps to some extent, but it may require gentle warming of the bottle in the hands or warm water, (and a lot of patience), to pour a few drops out. Blend 1 drop each of Vetiver, Jasmine and Sandalwood in 10ml of Peach Kernel oil for a most luxurious massage oil. To a teaspoon of Sweet Almond oil add 1 drop each of Vetiver, Patchouli and Lavender. Swish this into a very warm bath to help shrug off aches and pains on cold winter nights.
Produce Of GB, Sugar Free
Shipping & Delivery Shipping & Delivery
We are currently in the process of moving warehouse. Please allow 7-10 working days for UK delivery & 10-21 working days for International orders. Our standard delivery times do not currently apply.
- We offer FREE tracked and signed-for delivery on all orders over £40 when delivering to UK mainland destinations.
- Our Standard Delivery service is available on all UK mainland orders below £40 and 15kg in weight. All orders are sent using the Royal Mail’s tracked and signed-for service.
- Standard Delivery costs are £3.99 per order, with deliveries arriving within 3-5 working days of your order being dispatched.
Next Day Delivery
- Our Next-Day Delivery service (Mon-Fri) is offered through DHL and is only available for UK mainland customers. The maximum weight per parcel is 30kg.
- Next Day Delivery costs are £5.95 per parcel, with deliveries being dispatched the same day using an overnight courier.
- If your order is placed before 2pm, it should arrive the following day (subject to stock availability and payment checks being completed). Please note that this only applies to orders placed between Monday and Thursday.
- Orders placed after 2pm on a Thursday will most likely be dispatched on Monday, so delivery is likely to take place on Tuesday.
- Your order should reach your home within 7-14 working days of the order confirmation being received.
- Delivery charges to China will vary depending on the weight and size of your order.
- Registered customers can determine the delivery cost after placing items into the checkout basket – and before confirmation of purchase.
- Custom tax and/or import duties will need to be paid by the customer once the order reaches China. We recommend contacting your local customs office or tax authority for more information.
EUROPE AND INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY
- Delivery charges to Europe and the Rest of the World will vary depending on the destination, weight and content of your order.
- Registered customers can determine delivery costs after placing items into the checkout basket – and before confirmation of purchase.
- Deliveries are typically received with 7-14 days of dispatch.
- EU customers may need to pay custom tax and/or import duties once the order reaches your country. We recommend contacting your local customs office or tax authority for more information.