Rose has been highly prized for centuries. There are over 10,000 types of cultivated rose, many of which are extensively used in toiletries for both men and women. It is extremely difficult to extract oil from the petals of the rose. The two main ways are first, solvent extraction of a concrete which is then produced into an absolute, and second, distillation to produce an essential oil. Production of an absolute gives a better yield, but distillation gives a much finer fragrance. it can solidify easily and the bottle may be warmed in the hands before use. Rosa Centifolia, and its close relatives, are cultivated widely in Morocco to produce a rose concrete, from which an absolute is extracted. The product is also known as "rose de mai absolute". The yield of absolute from Rosa Centifolia is somewhat higher than for the Turkish and Bulgarian Rosa Damascena, whereas the yield of the distilled oil is somewhat lower. Thus it is common to find the absolutes coming from Morocco and the distilled oils coming from Turkey and Bulgaria. This wonderful oil, taken from the 'Queen of Flowers', has long been popular with manufacturers of skincare products. Try blending 4 drops of Rose, 3 drops of Lavender, 1 drop of Roman Chamomile and 2 drops of Geranium in 30ml of Peach Kernel oil for a nightime facial oil. Do not use Rose during the first four months of pregnancy.
Absolute Aromas Rose Absolute Oil 2ml
Save £13.30 (43%)
Sold as a Pack of
Availability: Out Of Stock
SKU: CLFAA-T136 Absolute Aromas,Alternatives,Best selling products,Food & Drink,Perfume & Fragrance,Skincare & Beauty,Toiletries,Vegan
Produce Of GB, Sugar Free, Vegan
Shipping & Delivery Shipping & Delivery
We are currently in the process of moving warehouse. Please allow 7-10 working days for UK delivery & 10-21 working days for International orders. Our standard delivery times do not currently apply.
- We offer FREE tracked and signed-for delivery on all orders over £40 when delivering to UK mainland destinations.
- Our Standard Delivery service is available on all UK mainland orders below £40 and 15kg in weight. All orders are sent using the Royal Mail’s tracked and signed-for service.
- Standard Delivery costs are £3.99 per order, with deliveries arriving within 3-5 working days of your order being dispatched.
Next Day Delivery
- Our Next-Day Delivery service (Mon-Fri) is offered through DHL and is only available for UK mainland customers. The maximum weight per parcel is 30kg.
- Next Day Delivery costs are £5.95 per parcel, with deliveries being dispatched the same day using an overnight courier.
- If your order is placed before 2pm, it should arrive the following day (subject to stock availability and payment checks being completed). Please note that this only applies to orders placed between Monday and Thursday.
- Orders placed after 2pm on a Thursday will most likely be dispatched on Monday, so delivery is likely to take place on Tuesday.
- Your order should reach your home within 7-14 working days of the order confirmation being received.
- Delivery charges to China will vary depending on the weight and size of your order.
- Registered customers can determine the delivery cost after placing items into the checkout basket – and before confirmation of purchase.
- Custom tax and/or import duties will need to be paid by the customer once the order reaches China. We recommend contacting your local customs office or tax authority for more information.
EUROPE AND INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY
- Delivery charges to Europe and the Rest of the World will vary depending on the destination, weight and content of your order.
- Registered customers can determine delivery costs after placing items into the checkout basket – and before confirmation of purchase.
- Deliveries are typically received with 7-14 days of dispatch.
- EU customers may need to pay custom tax and/or import duties once the order reaches your country. We recommend contacting your local customs office or tax authority for more information.