Each Everykid Children's Multi-Vitamin helps safeguard your Child's Nutritional Intake
Everykid Children's Multi-Vitamin is a multivitamin and mineral supplement formulation just for kids, in a 'children's sized' Trufil™ capsule. Each capsule is designed for children so that they are easily swallowed and digested by the body.
If your little ones don’t like capsules then no need to worry as our capsules can be easily opened and the contents can be added to a meal or drink, thus making sure your child gets all their vital vitamins and minerals.
Our multivitamin supplements are tailored for children's wellbeing. We understand that it can sometimes be difficult to get children to eat a healthy, balanced diet, and because of this, it is easy for children to become deficient in certain nutrients. Rapid growth in the first 12 years of life and constant development of bones, the brain and muscles mean children have a high nutrient requirement. So, in order to counteract any deficiency, taking a daily multivitamin is a great way to help ensure an adequate nutritional intake specific to their developing needs.
Having optimum nutrient levels helps the body to function at its best, as well as to grow and develop. Everykid Children's Multi-Vitamin helps support the growth & development of bones & teeth, helps the immune system to function normally, reduce tiredness & fatigue, promote normal metabolism and more.
Everykid Children's Multi-Vitamin Helps:
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, C, and manganese and iodine contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Vitamins B2, B3, B5, B6, B12 and C contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Vitamins B2, C and E, and manganese and zinc contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Vitamin C contributes to maintain the normal function of the immune system during and after intense physical exercise
- Vitamins A, B6, B12, C and D, and zinc contribute to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B12 and C, and iodine contribute to normal functioning of the nervous system
- Vitamin A, B2 and zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal vision
- Vitamin B1 contributes to the normal function of the heart
- Vitamin D is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children
- Iodine contributes to the normal growth of children
- Vitamin D, zinc and manganese contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal teeth
INTERACTION WITH OTHER SUPPLEMENTS:
- Vitamin C contributes to the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
- Vitamin C increases iron absorption
- Vitamins A and B2 contribute to normal iron metabolism
- Vitamin D contributes to normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
- Vitamin D contributes to normal blood calcium levels
Is Everykid Children's Multi-Vitamin right for my child?
Multivitamins are a great way to help your child receive their adequate intake of nutrients daily. Of course, these nutrients should be consumed through food, but not all children are ‘willing’ to eat a wide variety of foods, so a multivitamin may be of benefit to your child, especially if they are a fussy eater. What’s even better is that Everykid Children's Multi-Vitamin are tailored to children aged 3 years and up, so it is one multivitamin for all your children from 3 years old.
Children who are vegetarian or vegan may be low on certain nutrients such as iron as non-meat sources aren’t easily absorbed by the body. As Everykid Children's Multi-Vitamin is suitable for vegetarians, this is a great way to help improve their daily nutrient intake.
Children’s Multivitamins in the Press
Health Article: Daily Mail: Do children need to take vitamin tablets?
If your children eat a healthy balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables, dairy products and meat, fish, pulses and iron fortified breakfast cereals then it is likely that they are already getting all the vitamins and mineral they need.
However, many toddlers go through phases of faddy eating when they will eat only a few favourite foods for several months at a time.
Whilst it is important to keep offering them all the healthy foods during these times they may need additional supplements.
This is when it is helpful to talk to your health visitor. She will have lots of past experience with helpful tips for feeding, such as disguising foods and mixing healthy food into favourite accepted foods.
She will also be able to provide you with children's vitamins drops (usually A,D and C) to give daily if necessary.
If your children have a vegetarian diet or do not like eating red meat they are more at risk of becoming anaemic (low in iron). This could make them tired more easily, more prone to infections and could affect their growth and IQ.
Iron deficiency is more likely if they follow a vegan diet (no animal products at all). Such children are also at risk of vitamin deficiencies.
The Science behind Everykid Children’s Multi-Vitamin
Published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition 1999, Researchers Smith et al conducted a study titled ‘Vitamin A and zinc supplementation of preschool children’. Their aim was to determine whether supplementation of vitamin A and/or zinc (Zn) improved serum levels of these nutrients and/or height and weight gains in preschool children
Subjects were either given just zinc, just vitamin A, vitamins A & Zinc or a placebo for a total of six months.
Serum Zn levels were greater for those who received Zn. In contrast, after vitamin A treatment there were no differences in serum vitamin A among groups. Although increases in height and weight, compared with baseline values, were numerically greatest for children who received both supplements, only the vitamin A supplementation effect was significant, resulting in increased height and greater weight gain compared to those receiving no vitamin A. Vitamin A supplementation alone significantly increased haemoglobin concentration.
Researchers concluded the results suggested preschool children in this study were enduring inadequate vitamin A and, to a lesser degree, Zn nutriture. Height and weight gain were significantly increased in the subjects who received a single weekly supplement of vitamin A.
Maggini et al also undertook a study titled ‘Essential Role of Vitamin C and Zinc in Child Immunity and Health’ published in The Journal of International Medical Research 2006.
Researchers reviewed the roles of vitamin C and zinc in supporting children's growth and development, with a particular focus on the complementary roles they play in supporting immune functions and combating infections.
They concluded that there is increasing evidence that deficiency of vitamin C and zinc adversely affects the physical and mental growth of children and can impair their immune defences. Nutrition should be the main vehicle for providing these essential nutrients; however, supplementation can represent a valid support method.
Cosenza et al conducted a study titled ‘Calcium and vitamin D intakes in children: a randomized controlled trial’ published in BMC Pediatrics 2013.
Their aim was to demonstrate how Calcium (Ca2+) and vitamin D (VitD) play an important role in child health.
There were two groups of participants. Group one received nutritional counselling to help them improve their calcium and vitamin D intake through food sources, plus they were given a commercially available Ca2 + and VitD supplement; Group 2 received dietary counselling only.
Baseline serum results showed low levels of calcium and vitamin d, but after 4 months of nutritional intervention, a normalisation of serum levels in all of group 1 were seen.
Researchers concluded that adequate Ca2+ and VitD intakes are difficult to obtain through dietary counselling alone in children. Oral supplementation with of Ca2+ and VitD is a reliable strategy to prevent this condition.
Everykid Children’s Multi-Vitamin contains all these nutrients and more to help children who may be/become nutritionally deficient (for whatever reason) reap the many health benefits and support their growth & development into adulthood.
- Calcium contributes to normal muscle function, normal metabolism, to the maintenance of normal bones & teeth and to normal neurotransmission
- Iron can contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Iron contributes to normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin, to normal oxygen transport in the body, to the normal function of the immune system and to normal cognitive function
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal skin & vision and to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin B6 & B12 can contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and to normal functioning of the nervous system and contributes to normal psychological function
- Vitamin B6 & B12 contributes to normal red blood cell formation and to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity
- Vitamin C can contribute to the reduction of tiredness & fatigue and to maintain the normal function of the immune system during and after intense physical exercise
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums and skin, to the normal function of teeth, to normal release of energy for use in the body, to normal functioning of the nervous system, to the normal function of the immune system and to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Vitamin C increases iron absorption
- Vitamin D contributes to normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus, to the maintenance of normal bones, muscle function & teeth and to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Zinc contributes to normal use of fatty acids in the body, to the maintenance of normal bones, to the normal function of the immune system & normal cognitive function and to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) is the regulatory body of the European Union that serves as an independent agency to review scientific research to provide advice and communication on nutritional ingredients.
EFSA approved products give legal clarity to nutritional ingredients and gives consumers’ confidence in claims being rigorously assessed and proved to have the stated effects.
What Makes Everykid Children’s Multi-Vitamin Better than Other Children’s Multivitamins?
- Made from only pure ingredients.
- Capsule-form for easier swallowing
- For children who dislike swallowing capsules, each capsule can be opened and powder added to liquid of choice
- Higher strength than other leading high street outlets.
- Contains no: Gluten, Lactose, Wheat, Preservatives or Artificial Colourings.
- Suitable for vegetarians & vegans.
Recommended by our health experts
Recommended by our health experts Everykid Children’s Multi-Vitamin has been developed by clinical healthcare experts. The ingredients have been carefully formulated with research to ensure they deliver results. Everykid Children’s Multi-Vitamin is also recommended by nutritionists.