Beauty and Skin
It's rightly said that beauty is skin deep. Nobody likes to see the signs of ageing on their face. A clear complexion, glowing skin, with no marks or signs of damage, is cherished by all. Feeling good about yourself gives you a positive attitude and helps raise your self esteem. For people with blemished skin, self confidence can take a beating.
It is important to care properly for your skin. Start with a dedicated dietary and exercise regimen. A healthy lifestyle along with a skincare regime is one of the best ways to start your care. Some women prefer to choose anti-ageing procedures, including lasers, Botox and skin tightening. However, you require experienced hands to perform such procedures, as ageing gracefully is an art. You will continue to shine as long as you maintain natural appearance despite increase in your chronological age. These procedures can take 10 years off your look in some cases; however, they are not suitable for everyone.
Environmental factors can be blamed for certain skin damage cases. The level of skin damage is determined on the basis of the enormity of exposure to the sun.
Women with smooth glowing skin aren't just lucky. It is the way they look after themselves and take care of their skin that gives them the glow. They eat, sleep and drink well. A number of food supplements can help support the maintenance of healthy skin.
- Omega-3 fatty acids help hydrate the skin and reduce inflammation.
- Antioxidants are great for the skin, as these help in fighting free radicals that can otherwise prove detrimental to the skin's cellular structures and accelerate ageing.
- Sleep reduces the level of stress hormone cortisol in the body, which ages the skin and has the potential to cause acne. So sleeping well is equal to younger, clearer skin.
- Exercise regularly to improve your blood circulation and make your skin glow and improve complexion.
- Water flushes out toxins from the body. Drinking at least 3 litres of water daily will help keep your kidneys functioning well and skin glowing.
- Too much salt can make your skin look bloated. Cut down on salty and sugary foods to benefit your skin.
- Fibre-rich foods, including fresh vegetables, unprocessed fruits and nuts, help with keeping a fine balance, with clear bowel movement.
Nail care is akin to skin care and promises great results. If you submerge your nails frequently in water, don't forget to apply a moisturiser beforehand, which will act as a barrier and prevent water from touching the nails.